Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"HOMELESS" PEOPLE SUCK!

This rant has everything to do with "HOMELESS" people and I don't really give a damn if it pisses anyone off.

I feel like me and my family have been blessed, in probably countless ways, but pertaining to this post I'm referring to the blessings of a little bit of money, being generous, having a huge heart, and the ability to empathize with others. I like to help others, plain and simple (to the great annoyance of Mike, I might add). I have learned over the years to listen to that little voice within to tell me who I should help and how.

In our town it is getting more and more difficult to discern who is in actual need and who is a worthless, poor-picked-on-me, asshole that tag team with their piece of shit buddy, standing on opposite corners of every major intersection or freeway off ramp. (Actually, the "HOMELESS" assholes aren't all that difficult to figure out) These pricks of which I speak have now made their pathetic lack of self respect, and the tools of a piece of card board and a sharpie, their occupation. These are the "HOMELESS" PEOPLE THAT SUCK!

For instance, (and I wish I had a pic to insert here so you get the whole effect), there is an old woman that works the local Walmart like a hooker works a corner. Sometimes she has teeth, sometimes not. Sometimes she drags behind her a set of luggage on rollers (which I'm sure are empty). Sometimes her equally pathetic "co-worker" can be seen working the opposite side of the parking lot, sitting on a rascal scooter, each holding a similar sign - FALLED ON HARD TIMES GOD BLESS. Or - I IS A VET IN A TENT GOD BLESS. And she is ALWAYS there... winter, rain, hail storm or sunshine. Have you noticed how every sign ends in God bless? I wonder how God feels about being whored out like that???? RELAX... I'm not calling God a whore.

But then, every once in awhile, someone truly homeless and/or in need crosses paths with you and it feels AWESOME to be able to help provide what they are in need of, to shake their hand or give them a hug, to exchange names and sometimes phone numbers, or give them a ride somewhere.....and just treat them with dignity and respect. I'm not going to give examples of who and how I've helped here because I'm not trying to toot my own horn, so to speak. The point I'm trying to make is, there is a difference between the homeless and in need, and the "HOMELESS" cock suckers preying on people's emotions as a career.

I met a couple today that I KNOW I was supposed to stop and talk to and give some help. When I left however, I did not have the warm, fuzzy feeling that I usually get when I'm inspired to help. Instead, I left frustrated and a little disgusted. I like to see the "fruits of my labor", and in this case...I did not. I guess it's making me question my inner voice a little.

THAT'S CRAP! I KNOW I was supposed to talk to and give help to these two people. And even though I didn't get to see the "fruits of my labor" on this one, I know that somehow, someway I had a positive impact on Tracey and Michelle.

As for the "HOMELESS", it takes great restraint on my part not to just jerk the steering wheel and end a career or two or more.....

And there is no need to comment on this (unless you really want to), Mike and I are well aware that our state in the next life will be greeters in hell....just like at Chili's or Walmart. And our thought on that is this - THAT CLOSE TO THE GATES OF HELL.....WE CAN PROBABLY MAKE A RUN FOR IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment